Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Okay off the soapbox and some real shyt

Okay enough being preachy and opinionated - that's not really me, just me trying to hide beneath the blanket of "the world" and its needs.

Me, I am doing. I don't know what I'm doing most of the time but I am doing.

Today I spoke with a friend who was given the wrong number by a dude. Now that might have been an accident, transposition or some such thing, but it might not have as well. Could be he just wanted her number "in case" with little or no regard for her feelings. This person is beautiful, funny and smart but at the moment she questions herself - because of the insincerity and manipulations of others.

OTHERS DO NOT DEFINE WHO WE ARE. They cannot see and feel the world as we do. They have not suffered our ills nor carried our burdens so to judge us as this or that is not only unkind but IGNORANT.

It's hard to maintain a sense of indivuality and self in a world of mass media projected images and the judiciary public which we are thrust up upon daily. I know, I often find myself in a state of self-loathing based on the actions of another. It is far too easy to slide into the mud that the dirty asshole and your tears creates - but as strong, intelligent people we MUST claw back to the top where we belong. We are our own universe, we create a good and bad, we give and take, we judge and are judged, we can either decide to be GOOD PEOPLE who MAINTAIN or we can let those dirty bastards who lift themselves up by stepping on you to CHANGE THE BEAUTY THAT IS US.

I know, I started off trying not to be preachy - trying to be me but I have at least two friends out there (possibly more) who will completey understand this posting, and who I hope gives it some credence because in those two (possibly more) there is a wellspring of beauty that I pray continues to flow.

Peace

No comments: