Sunday, October 15, 2006

Edumacation

Okay, naturally that is not the correct spelling of education, but, considering the public school system's methods, it is more than likely the way half of all college students spell it. Realize I don't have oodles of time to toast the dilapidated shacks that represent our universities of upper learning; but I note that the topic of a paper that a friend asked me to help with for college was entitled: What makes Eminem, and his song Stan, both radical and pop music. I'm thinking this foolish ass topic was for music class - nah - this is English? Argh. Isn't it bad enough that America doesn't have it's own language - like so many other countries? We beg, borrow and steal from virtually the entire universe (we are lazy at times aren't we?). Now we can't even use our rent-a-language correctly.

There is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, in an Eminem song that could possibly enhance a student's knowledge of the English language. That's the realist in me talking as I happen to actually enjoy Lil Marshall's tirades; but heeeeeeellllllllooooooooooooooo - college level grammar would be a refreshing change for a college English class.

Okay, well like I said, I have no real time to write today so I'll try to pick this up tomorrow (don't blame me, I do have to work a little here at my job).

For now, G'night ya'll

No comments: