Thursday, November 02, 2006

Heading for the Weekend Countdown

Ain't that a shame, we count down to the weekends. Like 5/7ths of our life is cursed and only 2/7ths are worth anticipating. Wow I need a new job don't I?

Nine days until my lil boy and his wifey come to town. I have not even begun preparing for this - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What the hell am I gonna do? Not like I have help in getting things ready, nor even someone to inspire or encourage, nope not I. But that is no excuse becaue I'm a HUGE believer in personal responsibility.

All my life I've watched, and at times joined into, the drama, "What People Have Done To Me." I used to blame my frigged up childhood, my ex, my parents, my siblings, my finances, my location and my education for every bad thing that ever occurred to me. But let's face it, we are who we permit ourselves to be and do what we empower ourselves to do.

I listened to years of "My Dad was so mean, My Mom was so neglectful." All of which would come streaming out for hours after a bottle or two of wine - but at some point you are the Dad or the Mom and if you are focused on yourself all the time, you are doing it to your own kids.
Nothing in life comes easy, not to me, to you, to the poor, to the rich. There are consequences and responsibilities for everything we get or have in our lives, so since we are all burdened with "what people would do to you IF THEY COULD" we are separated then by that WHAT WE DO ABOUT IT.

Wow, rambling - must be end of a long day syndrome. This post isn't even going anywhere, it's just what I tell myself at moments when I catch myself complaining. Oh things aren't getting done because I am "being crippled" by someone acting crippled. Nah, can't go down like that. Things are not being done because I'm seeking an excuse because I'm just not feeling doing it right now. PERIOD.

So let me go do nothing for the moment (I give myself permission) until 5:30 when I get to play my game on the train and go home to try to start getting things done.

Peace

No comments: